Thursday 13 December 2012

Getting the business from students at Perth Avenue Public

I thought I knew a lot about the book business. Then I met the kids at Perth Avenue School on December 13.
Where do I start?  There was Ana who asked what I liked most about Canada (and got a five minute answer), Isis who told me about PEI, Nolan told me about his love of forests and Josh talked about his love of parks. Amir asked me about my cancer and Michelle asked why I decided to be an author. But it took Ziad to calculate how much I made from M is for Maple.
I hope to return to Perth Avenue for a book fair. I had a great, great morning.
It reminds me of a poem.

I went to see the children of Perth
To spread some cheer and spread some mirth
Instead I heard from this brilliant bunch
That M is for Maple didn't make me much.





No comments:

Post a Comment