Wednesday 12 December 2012

WHAT A WELCOME AT TECUMSEH IN BURLINGTON

I visited Tecumseh Public School, December 11 and the above sign was just the beginning of a great welcome.
I was met by my buddy Mark Goulet who is a teacher/librarian at Tecumseh. He is also a very good hockey player. I know this because Mark routinely blows by me in our Sunday night hockey games.
Three students in particular stick out for me.
First, there was my buddy Mohammad. When you're with Mohammad every moment is a joy. Just a lovely young man.
Awesome Shyanne reminded me how awesome she is, which by the way is pretty awesome. Last but not least, the wonderful Shamonique who had a question for every occasion.
I was able to spend a few moments with the senior kids and we talked about critical reading and writing.
Being able to visit a great school such as Tecumseh is the best part of my job as MLSE senior writer.
It all reminds me of a poem.

I went to Tecumseh, so I could see Tiger Pride in Action
I learned right away the Tecumseh way is to give a good reaction
I met Mohammad, Shyanne and Shamonique
They were great, they were smart, they were kind
I'd return in a moment to Tecumseh School
And those brilliant, curious minds.






No comments:

Post a Comment