Monday 11 March 2013

Teachers and librarians: how about a free school visit?


Since it was published in 2000 my book,  M is for Maple, has been bought by more than 100,000 people for use in schools, libraries and homes in Canada and around the world.
Its success has allowed me to visit dozens of schools all over Southern Ontario to talk about the inclusive spirit of our country.
Thanks to my employer, Maple Leafs Sports and Entertainment, I am accepting invitations for free one-hour sessions in Ontario schools.
My presentation is geared to pupils from Grade 4 to Grade 8. 
I speak to the elements of citizenship: integrity, passion and kindness.
I use original M is for Maple storyboards and illustrations to demonstrate how students can make the writing and editing process work for them.
This fall and winter I have presented at Tecumseh Elementary School in Burlington and Perth Avenue, Kew Beach, Charlottetown, Oakridge, D.A. Morrison and George Webster in Toronto. See below.
I would be thrilled to present to your school.
To set up a visit, E-mail me at Mike.Ulmer@MLSE.com or call me at 416-523-0860.





No comments:

Post a Comment